Thursday, December 25, 2008

About Today: What Does Christmas Mean to You?

About.com    Today
In the Spotlight | More Topics |
  from Jen Hubley
The older I get, the more I become exactly like I was as a little kid: Witness, for example, my renewed obsession with Christmas. When I was a teenager, all eight reindeer, plus Santa and his whole gang of elves couldn't have coaxed some cheer out of me. Now I start celebrating the day after Thanksgiving and don't stop until the tree is out on the curb.

 
In the Spotlight
How to Keep Christ in Christmas
A few days ago, I was talking to my Mom about my holiday travel plans, and I mentioned that I was psyched to get home and see her and Dad and lie around eating for several days underneath the Christmas tree. "And what else?" she said. "Sing carols?" I suggested. She heaved a long sigh on the other end of the phone.

 
           More Topics
Who Is Santa Claus?
Did you know we didn't even have Santa Claus, at least in his present form, until the 19th century? His other incarnations include a Turkish monk and a German elf.

 
Inventing the Modern Christmas
It's hard for most people to imagine Christmas without Christmas trees, but if you were living in Great Britain or America before the 1800s, you wouldn't have known the difference. (You might have also found it amusing that people thought you should install lighted shrubbery in the living room.)

 
 
Sponsored Links
 
Best Moves in a Bad Economy
Save & Invest the Right Way
Find out how to beat a bear market, make smart choices, and keep your cool even when the economy is unpredictable.

Today Ads
Advertisement
 
 
Visit Related About GuideSites:
Arts & Entertainment Automotive Careers
Citysearch Cities & Towns Computing & Technology Education
Food & Drink Health & Fitness History
Hobbies & Games Homework Help House & Home
Industry & Business Magazines Money
News & Issues Parenting & Family People & Relationships
Religion & Spirituality Shopping & Style Small Business
Sports Teens Travel
Search About   

 
Sign up for more free newsletters on favorite topics.

You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter as fpac.rangola@BLOGGER.COM. If you wish to change or remove your email address, please visit:
http://www.about.com/nl/usgs.htm?nl=todaysl&e=fpac.rangola@BLOGGER.COM

About respects your privacy. Our Privacy Policy.

Our Contact Information.
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2008 About, Inc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MP3 Clips

Popular Posts