Wednesday, December 17, 2008

About Today: 12 Tips for Holiday Credit Card Spending

About.com    Today
In the Spotlight | More Topics |
  from Jen Hubley
This is the first year in a long time that I haven't used credit cards for my holiday shopping. Here's what I've discovered so far: I actually can't spend as much money on presents as I thought I could.

 
In the Spotlight
12 Naughty and Nice Tips for Holiday Credit Card Spending
Credit cards feel like fake money. They remind me of when I was a kid and thought the ATM dispensed money you didn't have. My Mom jokingly called it "The Magic Window," so I thought you just rolled up to the ATM whenever you were feeling light in the wallet and it gave you free money.

 
           More Topics
8 Tips to Avoid Sinking Into Holiday Debt
Another thing I learned is that I don't actually have to spend as much money as I'm used to spending on holiday presents. There's this tendency to think that if you don't spend X amount, you're being cheap.

 
Why We Go Into Debt for Holiday Gifts
This year, I'm realizing that most of that is in my head. I mean, I suppose it's possible that some of my friends are going to try to estimate how much I spent on them and judge me accordingly ... but if that's the case, they have larger problems than the Wine of the Month Club can solve.

 
 
Sponsored Links
 
Best Moves in a Bad Economy
Save & Invest the Right Way
Find out how to beat a bear market, make smart choices, and keep your cool even when the economy is unpredictable.

Today Ads
Advertisement
 
 
Visit Related About GuideSites:
Arts & Entertainment Automotive Careers
Citysearch Cities & Towns Computing & Technology Education
Food & Drink Health & Fitness History
Hobbies & Games Homework Help House & Home
Industry & Business Magazines Money
News & Issues Parenting & Family People & Relationships
Religion & Spirituality Shopping & Style Small Business
Sports Teens Travel
Search About   

 
Sign up for more free newsletters on favorite topics.

You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter as fpac.rangola@BLOGGER.COM. If you wish to change or remove your email address, please visit:
http://www.about.com/nl/usgs.htm?nl=todaysl&e=fpac.rangola@BLOGGER.COM

About respects your privacy. Our Privacy Policy.

Our Contact Information.
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2008 About, Inc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MP3 Clips

Popular Posts