Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hack WordPress

Hack WordPress

Yet Another Related Posts WordPress Plugin

Posted: 06 Nov 2008 02:00 AM CST

This will be my second post in as many weeks about related posts plugins, but after reviewing the related posts by category plugin last week, another plugin was brought to my attention.

This plugin is called the Yet Another Related Posts Plugin, but it is much more than that.  I mentioned in my last post that my favorite related posts plugin has not been updated in several years and doesn’t contain features like adding related posts to your feed.  YARRP separates itself from the rest with their advanced features, including:

  • Improved algorithm for finding related posts that also takes into consideration categories and tags
  • The ability to set a threshold on the relevancy of the posts that you want to show
  • The ability to display the related posts in your RSS feed
  • The automatic integration of the related links below your posts

As with any good plugin, you get a number of options which you can control from the WordPress dashboard:

I’m currently experimenting with this WordPress plugin on one of my low traffic sites and if I’m impressed, I will probably use this on all of my Wordpress installations.    Do any of you use this plugin?   Are you pleased with it or do you prefer a classic like Related Entries?

---
Related Articles at WordPress Hacks:



You are reading Yet Another Related Posts WordPress Plugin © 2008 | WordPress Hacks | WordPress eBook | Premium WordPress Themes.

Enjoy writing about WordPress? Get your blog more exposure by joining the WordPress Hacks writing team!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MP3 Clips

Popular Posts